Sunday, September 21, 2008

So long Yankee Stadium

No more games played at Yankee Stadium... I'm not gonna watch the coverage but I'm sure there are crying Yankee fans. Ordinarily this is something I cherish. I didn't care to see or hear that troll, Susan Waldman. Or hear Micheal Kay talk about the memories and miss-pronounce "Rodgereekez" Or hear God Bless America for the thousanth time instead of Take Me Out to the Ballgame. But it's an espn game and... The only commentators I hate more than the afformentioned personalities are those two idiots, Joe Morgan and his Professor Honeydew sidekick. It's a tragedy that they get to call this historic game.

As far as the tears... The fans shouldn't be sad to see the old stadium go... They should be sad that they'll never be able to afford a ticket again. Someday I may eat my words but... Do you think Boston would ever tear down Fenway? Or Chicago tear down Wrigley? Nah, Me niether. I can understand the need for a new ball park. Shea is finally being put out of it's misery at the end of this season too. Except with Shea it's like finally throwing out an ugly impractical suit you've owned since the seventies. I'll spare you all my Yankee angst and just say this... It has got to be bad kharma to tear down Yankee Stadium, doesn't it? One can only hope.

No comments: