Friday, September 12, 2008

Lake George

We'll be attending a wedding this weekend on a boat in Lake George... I promised Jen, no more fishing off the boat jokes. I like weddings, I usually make half an ass of myself on the dance floor, (my apologies if I attended your wedding and made a whole ass of myself.) And of course, I get my monies worth at the open bar. I can't even take myself seriously any more... as I'm writing this, I'm drinking vanilla flavored vodka and diet root beer. What a LOSER!

I hope this is one of those weddings where they play what the rowdy people wanna hear. I try to be cool when its obvious that the DJ has strict instructions not to play a single hip hop song but... Once the cake is cut, and the hallmark bullshit is over... I'd like to go on record as saying this: OLD PEOPLE DON'T HAVE FUN AT WEDDINGS SO WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR. Oh, and if you could get a band if all you want to hear is hillbilly stuff, I can deal with that, at least then i won't keep asking the DJ to play "It takes two." I kid... But seriously I always feel like I just asked to hear 2Live crew or something. Who decided... YMCA people yes, you can hear your song. Oh hey, electric sliders, don't worry we didn't forget about you. Old Time Rock n' Roll, Absolutely. Mambo number 5, Si, No problemo. Oh well, Bring on the dirty looks. Let's hope for the best... And that Jen doesn't get sea sick.

No comments: